Karen's Kanines

This blog is just somewhere for me to write about things going on in my life, things I find interesting, or just things in general. Just a place for family and friends to keep up with what's going on with my family!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Updates

Wow ... didn't realize it had been so long since I've updated the blog. Will catch you up real quick and try to do a better job of updating in the future.

This is my son, DJ. He was on the Morris baseball team and they actually were the champions this year. He has become one of the power hitters for the team. He is now in summer training for football and will be a linebacker. He is one of the four biggest boys on the 7th grade football team. He is really enjoying it, but I sure was afraid he would quit football because the summer workout is really hard. He has also been walking/running on the treadmill two miles about three times a week and then does situps and pushups also. He's working hard to make sure he's not one of the boys that has to sit the bench. (smile)







Well, the grandson is sure growing up quick. He is now 17 months old and walking and starting to try to talk and getting into trouble as little boys do. (smile) Skyler and Crystal are living in Augusta, Georgia so I don't get to see them as much as I would like to. I try to get Skyler for a week at a time every other month at least, but now that I will have to be going back to work, my time to spend with him is going to be shortened, which I hate. Here is a picture of Skyler reading his book. And yes, he is a biiigggg boy and going to be a linebacker!








(Here is a picture of the new house we are going to buy in August.)








We have now moved to Alabama and are staying with the in-laws for now. The house in South Carolina is on the market to sell, but has been for sale longer than we had hoped. We have a contract on a house here in Alabama and should close sometime in August, so hoping the other one sells soon or we'll have two mortgages. The house we are buying is not completely finished. The man who lived there died before he got it completely done. It is about 80 or 85 percent finished. Will take about 20 or 25,000 dollars to finish. It comes with 13 acres of land also. The photo above is how it looks right now before we have done anything. Will keep you updated on the progress.


So there's your quick update and will continue to update as often as I can.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home