Karen's Kanines

This blog is just somewhere for me to write about things going on in my life, things I find interesting, or just things in general. Just a place for family and friends to keep up with what's going on with my family!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Work on House

Well, I have been doing a ton of work on our house trying to get it ready to sell before our move to Birmingham, Alabama. I have already painted the whole downstairs of the house and also the master bedroom. I have pulled the carpet off the stairs and sanded and varnished them. That sure was a big job!

Yesterday and today, after draining the inground pool, my son and I powerwashed it to get it ready to be painted. It was a big job because about a month or so ago the pump blew up so the pool was had a nice green slimey look to it. I have also in the past couple of days stripped the wallpaper off one of the bathrooms, patched all holes and dents, sanded, and used Kilz (kills stains on walls) and it is now ready to paint. Today I patched, sanded, and primed the master walk-in closet and is ready to paint.

Tomorrow on my list is: Sand kitchen ceiling (was just sheetrocked, which I helped do previously), use some Kilzl on it because we had a leak that we didn't know about until after the first mudding (had to pull off 3 layers of shingles, fix the leak, and reshingle, which I helped do also). Will probably paint the kitchen ceiling on Monday to let the Kilz have time to dry. Going to paint the bathroom and closet also tomorrow, on top of watching the grandbaby for a few hours while my daughter goes to work.

Still have to pull up carpet in the master and my son's bedroom and the office, do some touch-up painting that I have noticed needed to be done, scrape some old paint (not done by me) off woodwork and clean and Murphy Oil it, and do TONS of packing still. Have been doing a bunch of packing already, but still have more to do in the main house and haven't even touched the two attics yet.

So needless to say, I have a bunch of work ahead of me as we plan to move the last weekend of this month. Now, when am I going to get a little geocaching in with all this work to do? I thought when you retired, you're supposed to have fun and play all the time. If this is retirement, I wanna go back to work!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Dobe Country said…

    Ain't that the way it always is? You live with the little house-blemishes for years, and then fix it all up nice 'n pretty for someone else to live in! Something's kinda backwards there, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home