Karen's Kanines

This blog is just somewhere for me to write about things going on in my life, things I find interesting, or just things in general. Just a place for family and friends to keep up with what's going on with my family!

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Tomato Thiefs?



A few weeks ago I was out in my yard piddling around. My house has tons of woods around it with all kinds of animals. I noticed four woodpeckers and decided to sit and watch for a bit. These were the bigest woodpeckers I have ever seen and what seem so weird was that they were acting like young birds and not older ones. They stayed in pairs of two and were acting like they were learning to peck on the trees. I got a picture of these two. It was really hard to show in the picture, but they are just absolutely huge. Never in my life have I seen them this big. Wonder if there's something in my woods that they're feeding on that made them so big ... or are they the ones who have been stealing my ripe tomoatos? Time to do some investigative work. Stayed tuned for the update on the tomato thiefs.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger scout said…

    if they're big, they could be from texas :)

    congrats on dead guy.....good one!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Well, whoever it was took another one last night and left some remnants in my garden.

    Thanks a bunch. Shannon sure has gotten me hooked on Dead Guy.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA! It's all part of my evil plan to rule the world!!!

    I just started to see hummingbirds. They usually don't show up here until September. (Probably GLOBAL WARMING- LMAO)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home